Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween sloth

The allergies are acting up today, so I decided early on that I would dress up as a Halloween sloth. I really wanted to lay here and do absolutely nothing, but I ended up going to school to take goody bags to teachers and watch the parade of book character costumes. My girls went as a Pippi Longstocking and Junie B. Jones. So very cute.

I did some laundry, grocery shopping, cooking and napping. Every year for Halloween dinner we have the same thing: pizza cups. Now, don't confuse it with "Pizza in a Cup" like from "The Jerk", but biscuits in a muffin tin with browned beef, pepperoni, bacon and pizza sauce. A little cup of pizza. We then went with our dear friends and their children for the 6th year in a row of Trick or Treating.

Several houses later, including those of two of our ministers, we arrived back home....candied up and tired. The kids are now sleepy and I am headed for that direction very soon.

I enjoy Halloween. I enjoy the creativity of costumes, the cheap scares and the fellowship it inspires. But most of all, after attending a crazy costume party with our friends, Brian and I decided to be a couple. That's what I love most about Halloween. Peace and Marty Womble, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment