Sunday, October 2, 2011

Lazy day at the ranch

After the craziness of this weekend, we are currently in a state of sloth...or observing the Sabbath. That sounds better. We did talk about the Ten Commandments in church today. Keeping the Sabbath holy was one of them and one that I have a hard time remembering to follow. Even on Sundays, we still seem to run like crazy people, thinking we are still being observant by being with family. Now, let me fess up and be clear, we didn't spend the day in prayer and biblical study. We didn't restrict our walking, fast or read special passages. We rested. We were still and enjoyed the glorious day. Because of this, we had quality time normally absent in these busy days. I snuggled with my daughter, watched the boy build this monumental creation:



We napped a little bit, we scrapped a little bit. We played my new favorite game, one of Sarah's birthday presents...Apples to Apples. I won't go into details, but we laughed all afternoon.

Thanks, God and Moses, for getting those tablets and telling us a thing or two about how we need to live our lives. And, no, I am not being flippant. I am being truthful and real. Reread those 10 rules sometime. You feel so much better following them.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment