Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I want to be friends with that kid!

I love to look at children's interpretations of anything...especially drawn interpretations. My brother gave me a website, a few years ago, that had famous artists/illustrators who reimagined children's drawings. It was the best thing ever! I also enjoy the characters and objects that they feel are important to always put in their pictures. My oldest used to make "heart people". This is made up of a heart with a face and arms and legs coming out of the sides and bottoms. Honestly, they used to creep me out a bit, but when they popped up everywhere I got used to them. G liked sprinkling aliens throughout her landscapes. They frolicked with dogs and snakes and lived in trees. Fin likes robots. The more sections and hardware, the better. He also draws a mean Plankton from Sponge Bob, so go ahead and let the criticisms fly. I know research say SB rots the brain and we always have to follow what research says. But his version is awfully cute. So, having just mentioned robots, I feel it is the opportune time to show you my new favorite thing. In the upper hall way of our children's wing at church, the kids made a mural about Jonah and the whale. Actually, it was more whale-centric with a smattering of underwater sea life. Very colorful and cute. I took a picture of it.



I thought it was quite eye catching, the waves churning above with great gusto....the octopus trying its best to not get eaten. And then, I noticed something. In the second wave trough from the right, I saw something that I could not identify. Was it a flying fish? A red seagull in the throes of fighting with its prey? A Biblical airplane taking the whole scene in? I scooted in for a closer look and what I saw made my day.



Now, I don't know about you, but I did not realize that God had created robots at that point in our history. And diving robots, nonetheless. Is that the coolest or what? I want to shake that child's hand and say, "Rock on!". Maybe he was sent to observe and help extract Jonah from the whale's belly...the c-clamp hands certainly would be helpful. I am not trying to be sacrilegious at all, but one must wonder what the thought process was in this whole scenario. Whatever it was, it is fascinating!!! I can't wait to see what happens next....




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment