Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Meh

I am presently sitting on the couch watching a program on the study of the popularity of zombies. It is ironic, because I sure am feeling like one right now. Zombies are creepy and gross and, after seeing Night of the Living Dead at a friend's church lock-in, I find them very disturbing. Waking up after a 2am power nap to find a zombie eating somone's intestines, well, it does something to a person. It did something to me, especially when the next movie they played that night was Old Yeller. I think they were trying to break us down. I'm not sure why I am talking about zombies. Lacking much originality in thought tonight. It does make me think of the upcoming Halloween fun and wondering about what scary movies people like. Do you for the gore? The suspense? The jump out and scare you to death? I am a hugongoug Alfred Hitchcock fan and love suspense. Rear Window with Jimmy Stwart is my personal favorite. The creepy implied stuff is as terrifying as the chopped off limbs in the gore movies. Audrey Hepburn in Wait Until Dark...terrifying! Fargo...The Silence of the Lambs...The Manchurian Candidate...The Omen...Rosemary's Baby...Seven...Signs, and the scariest in my opinion, Grand Canyon. Okay, that last one wasn't scary, but it was just awful and so was Blair Witch Project. What a seasickness pad of junk. Oh well, whatever your genre,enjoy it. There is something very cathartic about a good scare. I could use a good scare from a movie right now. Nothing real. I live enough real scary stuff with three kids. Maybe what I really needs a good laugh. Maybe I'll go dig out Young Frankenstein...kill two birds with one stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment