Sunday, October 23, 2011

Wellllll, poop.

I am sad to report that the BlogPress app for my iPad decided to take on bugs and croak as I was saving a healthy chunk of words this evening.  So, I deeply regret to inform you that my treatise on mullet spotting at Boo at the Zoo will not be presented tonight.  I put so much of myself and my writing ability into it, which is lacking, that I am exhausted.  Instead, I will just say that my son made an awfully cute "Clark Kent who turned into Superman but had not yet taken off his glasses" character.  S was a monarch butterfly and G was a karate expert.  I love to people watch and one can certainly hit the people watching jackpot with all the material there.  Needless to say, there were some really sad costumes and some really creative ones.  My personal favorite was a little girl who had ribbons on her shoes, in her hair and a banner wrapped around her.  She had a goody bag attached to the back of her poncho-esque shirt, which was a tablecloth.  She was a walking birthday party.  Excellent!  The kids enjoyed it all and had fun posing with the different characters.  The boy was a bit indifferent about the photo ops and just chose to concentrate on his free Krispy Kreme.  Then all of a sudden, he poked me and said, "Hold this please," handed me his doughnut, straightened himself up, wiped his mouth off and made a beeline right for Bert and Ernie.  The boy knows what he likes.  After a few more stops and the boy getting creeped out by the dancing characters from Shrek, we headed home. 

I hope this week brings everyone happiness and joy and maybe one good mullet spotting as well.  Party in the back and business in the front....what more can a person ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment