Friday, October 21, 2011

A day with another "Last time we'll do this" activity

Every fall the ECM program at our church takes a jaunt to the Fruit and Berry Patch to have Fall fun. We go on a tractor ride, pick a pumpkin, feed some goats, go through a little corn maze and get a plastic pumpkin sipper full of cider and coloring book. We have been doing this ever since S was probably 3. Today was the final time the boy can go with this group. It is a hard pill to swallow knowing that he will be hitting the big K next year. I remember carrying him in the Snugli while trying to take pictures of the other two and still keep a shred of sanity. Now he's a big boy, with a fauxhawk, walking with his buddy in the pumpkin patch not needing mom anymore. Before I have a complete mental breakdown, let me get some pictures in here.



He has never been a fan of getting his picture made, but this is the best I could do without getting a the smile with an underbite like a cartoon character. He picked his pumpkin based on stem length, of course, and quickly moved on to his favorite part:



He got brave this year and did some serious goat feeding. I finally had to cut him off for fear of(1)making a goat sick or (2)being left by the tractor. After a walk through the corn maze where I managed to creep out a friend traumatized by "Children of the Corn" flashbacks by going, "Ch-Ch-Ch Ha ha ha" over and over, we arrived back to the sweetest of endings for the boy:



He loves him some cider...drained it in no time at all. Let's hope he does not experience any digestive issues as a result. Well, after we paid for our morning and some fresh fried fruit pies, F said goodbye to his new friend and we were on our way.



I am grateful to Dennis Fox at the Fruit and Berry Patch for providing us years of sweet memories with my children. God has blessed me with the privilege of being a mom to three wonderful children and, though the growing up is painful, I wouldn't trade a second of it.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment