Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bizarro day

I am determined that I live in the bizarro world. I know I live in my own little world lots of the time, but today has been a doozy. I was accused today of always having a bad day, so I need to either stay inside forever, not tell anyone I had a bad day or just accept the bad days as the norm. Honestly, none of the options sound pleasant at all. I need a place to vent, so I will just comeuppance with a new option...I will create an imaginary friend. It seems to be the only option at this point. Anyway, this is how the day of strange went. After taking charge of Sarah's glasses at soccer last night, we woke up this morning to realize that the glasses were nowhere to be found. Oh crap! What are we going to do? I sent the girl to school "spec-less" and tore the house up looking for them. Nothing. So, after mailing a package and running a few other errands, the boy and I took a jaunt to the soccer fields. Miracles do happen because the sweet little Vera Bradley glasses were l
Nestled in the grass, covered with dew. It was a miracle. After taking the glasses to their happy girl, we went to the grocery store. Relatively normal. After putting groceries away, we met our friends at the zoo before the weather gets awful. This is when my child decided to lose his mind. I think he wanted to show off for his friend, but he broke every rule he knew. I can only hope that we will be able to have another play time with them. He had an almost 10 minute power snooze and was ready for more. We picked the sisters up and headed home to do homework before going to church activities and dinner. This is when things got interesting. G's friend has desperately wanted to "see the inside" of our house. I told her that would be fine...I just wanted to talk to her mother before I let her in. I wouldn't send my child to a strangers house before getting to know the people a bit first. For the past several days, the kids have come to our house as we were getting ready to leave. Today, we went upstairs to do homework, put laundry away and let me wash my hair. All of a sudden, there was a pounding on our door. Then kicking. Then screaming for G to come out and play. The kids went bonkers. I hissed at them to be quiet and wait until they left. I had too much to get done, as did the children, and I could not get into playdates and messing at that point. Well, they stayed and pounded and stayed and screamed for G and stayed. Then the boy decided to go downstairs and let them in since they were screaming. He thought they were hurt. After the behavior at the zoo and now trying to open the door to strangers, he was in super mega trouble. The girls continued to pound and kick and scream. Then, they started throwing acorns at the picture window. I am not sure why they thought that that, after kicking and pounding, would make a difference in whether we answered the door or not. I finally was spotted peeking out of a top floor window. I then opened the window and said we were doing homework and leaving in 10 minutes, which was all true. I then told them to have their mom call me so we could talk and make plans. This will not happen. I feel so terribly sorry for these. Girls. They need a friend and a house they can visit that is safe and stable. As much as I want to be that house for them, I have to take care of my children. It saddens me that children have
Agents that allow them to wander around and have no clue as to where they are and really not care. I just ask people to pray for these children. I worry about them.

At least we are ending the night with Modern Family. That makes things a bit more tolerable. We just found out that the stomach bug is going around Sarah's room. Let's hope we don't get it. I don't have an ample stash of ginger ale and saltines at this point.

I will do my best to have more positive posts. Guess we need to go back to Pizza Inn.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog, your rules. You get to put down what ever you feel you need/want. Tell people who want to direct what you write to get their own blog. Until you are getting paid to write, then unfortunately you have to deal with editors/publishers/critics.

    ReplyDelete