Friday, October 28, 2011

Annoying apps

I probably am not going to write much this evening. I uninstalled and reinstalled my BlogPress app in hopes of getting back a more iPad friendly way of writing this blog. Once reinstalled, everything looked good. I was so excited to write about today, especially since I had taken lots of good pictures to chronicle the goings-on. Well, as a good wife of an IT man, I have absorbed a teeny tiny speck of the computer advice he has given me. I went to save what I had written so far, which was fairly sizable with pictures and some drawings to come. Well, all of a sudden the app failed and I was staring at all 6 versions of Angry Birds my kids have uploaded. The dramatic "Nooooooooo" screamed from my mouth, followed by a quiet string of profanity. Don't judge me...it was inspired writing(cough cough). Needless to say, I was very disturbed and annoyed and hacked and shafted. But, alas, it was all gone, just like Ralphie Parker's Christmas turkey after the Bumpus dogs got a hold of it. No barbershop photos, photos of Fin, photos of cell phone companies, no blogging with photo explanation of our oldest putting her new contact lenses in. Nothing. So, I went the old fashioned route and went though the website. So , I am now going to give you a mini rundown of our day: the boys are shorn at Jerry's, spilled coffee all over myself at Panera, changed clothes at home, went to Verizon and AT&T to see about iPhone options, argued about our current service with our current carrier, ate lunch, snuggled with boy, got G warmed up after soggy Ijam's field trip, watched my oldest show me how she puts her contacts in and succeeded in not barfing on the floor, ate pizza with the family, watched The Great Pumpkin with the kids and the the final season of "Chuck" with the kids, watched the girl take her contacts out, again without barfing and sat down on the couch to blog and listen to Keith Morrison on Dateline. Now, don't try to replicate my day for your own excitement...few can handle quite this much fun. Work up to it. Now I am secretly(not so much anymore)hoping that the last day of soccer is cancelled and the we can have an easy morning. Oh well, que sera sera. We'll deal with whatever we get. Now off to bed to watch the rest of Dateline. It is a life of excitement most can't handle. I know you are allllll jealous. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment