Wednesday, October 19, 2011

In a rainy day fog...

I love cool and cold weather.  I love snow and briskness and campfire smell.  What I do not care for is rain.  I know it is essential for things to grow and sustenance and the like, but I deplore rainy days...except when praying for a cancelled soccer practice.  I get loopy, so forgive me for whatever YouTube clips make it in here.

I love this man dearly.  He may be an acquired taste, but I find his music wonderful.
He has a way with words and is also devilishly funny.  So, when a friend of mine put this next clip up on FB the other day, I loved Mr. Costello even more:
How could you not love this?  I know I may get flack from the hardcore Sesame Streeters, but I am not an Elmo fan.  He is a prime example of arrested development....that may be mean, but he gets on my last nerve.  However, Elvis Costello has accomplished what most can't- he made Elmo tolerable.  Now, I have had a fun time seeing what other celebrity musicians have done to get on "The Street".  REM for example:
I mean, come on.  How about this one:
Okay, as you can plainly see, I have extreme writer's block and loopy disease from being stuck inside all day.  I can't complain.  Things can always be worse and snuggling with my boy is certainly a great way to go.  Let's hope that tomorrow brings more material and clarity.  But for this evening, I apologize for a musical muppet heavy entry.   

No comments:

Post a Comment