Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pink ribbon soccer Saturday

Today was again another long, LONG day at the fields de futbol. The season is almost over and, while I know we'll miss it, we will be giving a big sigh of relief. But today was more than just soccer Saturday. It was the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure here in Knoxville. Our church had the honor of being the the first church in the Knoxville area to be a sponsor of this race and I am so proud. Two of my aunts and dear friends are survivors of this heinous disease. I have had the honor of walking in the several race in the past. Because of our schedule today, I had no way to go and make sure the kids got where they needed to be while B coached and ref'ed. We did the Sleep for the Cure instead. I will say that I missed being downtown very much. What a wonderful event of strength, courage and hope. To see all of the survivors...those walking for people currently battling....those walking in memory of those lost. Soccer Saturday won out this year in terms of scheduling, but my heart was with the race. So for Aunt Karen, Aunt Lauren, Ashley, Bronwyn, Jennifer, Jackie, Susan, Katrina, Anne Marie, Lucia, Susan, Mrs. C and all the women, and men, who have been personally touched by this, know that you are in my prayers and that I stand in awe of your strength, compassion and example.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment