Thursday, October 13, 2011

They are finished...

Well, after a successful, and uneventful, hosting of a slumber party, I have finished my job of invitations. Slumber party first, I have discovered that upper elementary school girls are funny little creatures. They want so badly to be grown up, using big words, wearing grown up clothes, doing each other's hair. But then when I went to check on them and found them all snuggled together with blankets and stuffed animals, they looked so little...like preschoolers again. I learned that Wasabi is definitely a place you have to warn first timers about. Luckily after the first table fireball, and the fact that the Sake was flowing on the other end of our table, the girls had a great time. I was the only trained human in our group to catch a rice ball(no comments on that please) and the joy on my daughter's face made all the hubbub this week worth it. She is growing up too fast and it breaks. My heart, but I am so glad she has such good friends to help her get through it.

After the last friend had been safely delivered to the embrace of her Mother's arms and not in our crazy house, I set to finish the invitations. It has been since the boy was 2 that I have done some invitations. I used to do them more often, but found it hard to nurse and write at the same time. I was given the honor to jointly help with the invitations this time. The MIL is doing half and I am doing half. No pressure there at all! Calligraphy has always been a fun challenge for me. It forces me to sit still and focus myself. When first learning, it helped improve my handwriting grades in elementary school. I did my own wedding invitations and those of several around here. I am honored to be doing the invitations for my dear family friends. I have known this girl since she was in her mommy's tummy. To top it all off, she was our flower girl many years ago. I just hope the family knows what a jewel she is. What a beauty!!!!!!!! What a wonderful woman she and grown up to be.

So proud of the wonderful woman she is and is becoming. I am so honored to be helping and so excited to take part!

The Invitations are done and I am so glad. I am slumber party exhausted and am going to bed. Night all!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Uh, wow. Can you tell I was exhausted when I was writing this? So many grammatical errors. For shame for shame for shame.

    ReplyDelete