Saturday, October 1, 2011

Whew! Almost didn't make it...

Getting this one in right under the wire. It has been one of those days, but I was determined to post tonight on this, the last day of September. We have had a whirlwind of a day, which is only leading into another whirlwind of a day tomorrow. The outlaws are visiting and so things are always a little crazy. They arrived wanting to do something with the boy as his sisters were in school. So, off on another jaunt to the corn maze we went. Afterwards, we went home for a few minutes and then they were off to get the girls. I stayed home to finish wrapping presents that were needed at birthday parties this weekend. Once the girls got home, the insanity didn't begin...it just turned up a couple notches. Homework was completed, a soccer uniform was put on, meals were eaten, hair was braided and brushed. Everyone got in their prospective cars and went where they needed to go. I dropped one child off at a birthday party and then went back to watch the practice game at the fields. My girl was goalie, so I did a lot of pacing. A whole lot. I left before it was over, thank goodness, because I cannot take the pressure. Retrieved the other from the party, got home and had post-game snacks, baths and then bedtime. What could, or should, have been a relaxing evening turned into one of stress and frustration. G's best buddy in her class has his birthday party tomorrow. Because I am a psycho, I have been full of stress about what to get him and my child is no help. So, I went to my mom's book of tricks and decided to give him some bucks. BUT, not in the traditional way. I decided we were going to fold them in cool, hip shapes. I found a website that showed step by step instructions on how to fold bills to look like the Enterprise or Tie Fighters. I wanted to get my science fiction moneygami on, so we started. Holy cats. Not easy. Brain tried for an hour to fold the Enterprise. I tried to fold a bat, that had 1/8 of the steps and couldn't do it. So, he did the Tie Fighter:



I then found one that was a star, so you used 5 ones and connected them. I couldn't accomplish the connecting, so Brain did that...poor guy. This is what it looked like:



I thought it turned out pretty cool. So then, the Brain came up with one more gem:



The money boat. Pretty cute. So, then I had to think about how I would neatly display everything together. I was punchy from lack of sleep the night before...and, no, I had not been drinking. I wanted to go to bed and have the gift wrapped, so this is what I came up with:



The Tie Fighters of the "Death Money Stars" fighting Luke Skywalker in his lesser known boat. Who knew the rebels were sailing across the galaxy? All wrapped up in robot paper, this is ready and I hope he likes it. Honestly, I am so tired, I'll be okay if he sorta likes it. Now all G has to do is finish her card and put it on. Zingo!

Now it is off to beddy-bye for me. Big day of soccer and parties and a stressful Hokie-Tiger grudge match. Nothing like a night game at Lane Stadium on a crisp, or cold, fall night. Ahhhhh.....Heaven.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment