Sunday, October 16, 2011

I fell prey to the scare tactics

It has been a typical Sunday here at the ranch. Church, grocery store, the boy had a nap, the Brain and I watched the latest episode of Modern Family, went to visit a friend, bought some overpriced cupcakes for the kids' dessert, worked and played out in the yard, put copious amounts of laundry away, had baths and are now watching reruns. The kids groan with great volume when we have to go to the grocery store after church. They are ready to get home and get into their comfy clothes. We usually need some milk or a few fixins for dinner, so we get it over with. Today was a special trip. I am ashamed to say I have listened to the scare reports on the news. Just like the people who buy French toast ingredients(eggs, milk, bread)when it snows, I fell for the "the price is going to skyrocket due to poor weather and crops). This is what I did:



Yes, I have a problem. I am turning into a peanut butter hoarder. I am so sorry for those who dislike it or have nut allergies in their homes. We are fortunate that seasonal and sulfa allergies are the only ones in our home. Because I am my grandmother's granddaughter, I have been conditioned to believe that the holidays are not complete without peanut butter balls and peanut butter fudge. The threat of exorbitant PB prices forced me to start my stockpile. I know, I understand if you need to revoke my friend card.

After we returned home and everyone was napping or playing, the hubby and I watched Modern Family. Now, if you have never watched this show, I must emphasize again that it is the funniest show on television....tied with Big Bang Theory. Every time I think it can't get any funnier, it proves me wrong. All I can say is I really could have used Depends undergarments adoring this particular show. Those writers are geniuses.

After nap time, we went on a little jaunt to return some tools to our Uncle Bill. We had intended to go the day before, but while on our way got sidetracked. Anyhow, we went to see him today to return implements of destruction he so graciously loaned us. The kids love going there to see all the neat gadgets and cars they have there. He recently sold his BIG truck that hauls his CAT equipment and bought a Nissan NV big box van for his contracting work. The kids were fascinated....so...:



They had to check it out. You gotta love a new vehicle to play in. We just have nothing this exciting at our house.

Well, the day is over for the most part. Fall Break is over and the usual grind starts back tomorrow. These beautiful days go way too quickly, but we enjoy every minute that we can. We are so blessed. I will just leave you with this one thing:



No reason, really, just thought he looked so cute. Kind of Dylan-esque for the preschool crowd. Night all!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment