Sunday, January 17, 2016

Cooking class

The kids and I have been watching "Worst Cooks in America" on the Food Network and have been taking notes. I've messed in the kitchen since I was a mere pup and the kids have as well. Some enjoy it and are a lot more at home than others, but they try their best. Today S wanted to make dinner and really wanted some potato soup which sounded really good on a cold kind of "meh" day such as today. There were a few mishaps and I turned into Ann or Bobby from the show to talk about keeping the cook station neat or making their cuts uniform. She tasted as she went so as not to overseason, but to add just the right amount. The soup was quite tasty and hearty and we all wanted to lick our bowls clean, but used our manners and did not. Cooking school was fun today, but I am tired and ready to get out of the kitchen. Alas, they found a dessert involving Nutella, pound cake and the panini maker, so we are in for gourmet delights in a little bit. I think I'll let the hub supervise that one.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment