Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Super happy Girl

I took my oldest to the orthodontist today. Lots of ibuprofen, Christmas tree brushes and rubber bands have gotten us to this point: the appointment before THE appointment. She had two minuscule little gaps between her top teeth that they wanted to address, so the hygienist got to work. She took something that looked like clear stretchy string and wound it in and out of her braces. Then, she tied a knot and pulled really hard. And when I say hard, I mean I think she all but took her foot and placed it on her chest to get enough leverage to pull it as tight as possible. Then the doc came over to assess the work, gave his approval for molds to be made and then left. She chose her flavor of mold goo, not sure what it was...but cotton candy was one of the favors. Blech. Molds were made for permanent retainers and then we were off to schedule an 80 minute appointment. What will the 80 minute appointment entail? Only one thing that matters to her: THE BRACES COME OFF!!!!!!!. And they come off the day before her birthday, so her learner's permit will have her "bare teeth" on it. Learner's permit...I can't talk about that right now.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment