Saturday, September 24, 2016

Come, Fall weather, come

Two soccer games and a band competition later, I am sporting my usual Phantom of the Opera sunburn mask as I sit here and type. First team was a no show, but the kids had the best time playing a pick up game with their coach. That is the place where his gifts really shine and his coaching genius comes through. The second game was not so positive. We played a team who always beats us and the kids had to listen to the other team's parents mock them and make derogatory comments. Really? To a bunch of 8 and 9 year olds? Such a sad statement on the perspective lost when it comes to parents watching their CHILDREN play sports. Um, I don't see one scout out there ready to whisk them away to Spain or Italy to become the next Lionel Messi. Get a life, people.

After we cleaned up from the game, we went to the booming metropolis of Clinton, TN to watch our oldest's school marching band in a competition. I thought they did a great job...especially the cute blonde on the vibraphone. We left before the awards were handed out. I can't take that part and the hub's back couldn't take anymore metal bleachers. So we split. We'll get the rundown here soon enough.

I'm now showered and watching The Big Lebowski. Work is tomorrow. 'Nuf said.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment