Friday, December 11, 2015

Okay, so I may overdo it....

I heard someone say once that the ukulele is one of the only instruments that you can't play and frown at the same time. I find that to be true. While I may not have a super huge grin on my face when i play mine, I am smiling and happy on the inside. As I have spoken about recently, I have always been a big Sam Cooke fan. That has now amped up since I have learned how to play his songs on the ukulele. What is even better is that the kids have started singing them independently of me. I heard G singing, "Nothing, NOTHING can ever change this love I have for you...". Couldn't ask for a better sound. My fingers are raw from playing that song and maybe, just maybe, I have worn the family out with it. But they sure are troopers about it. I guess I maybe should break out some Christmas songs considering the season. I need to learn "When the River Meets the Sea" from John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together. Haven't worn them out on that yet.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment