Tuesday, December 1, 2015

But the rain came down and the flood rose up...

Good golly we need to freshen up our knowledge of cubits and such down here in the south. The hub and a hired professional replaced all the gutter guards or helmets or whatever they are called this weekend. Thank goodness they did or we would have much more of a mess than we do. After straight drenching rain for too many days in a row, we have a leak in the basement. If the guards had not been changed, there would be no blog post...only the sounds of mopping and the shop vac. I am grateful for my saint of a husband who takes care of us and this house. My hero for sure!

I cannot believe it is December. Can you? Even as I say that, I feel a great sense of urgency thinking of all that I have left to do. Instead, I really need to slow down and watch and wait for all that is to come. Jesus is coming and it is such a time of excitement and anticipation. Pray that I can remember that.

I'm going to bed now, lulled to sleep by the sound of rain pitter pattering on our roof. Who am I kidding...I'll be wondering if a mop or a vacuum will be on tap for tomorrow morning.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment