Sunday, October 5, 2014

It's for the children...

Bake sale day at church was a success! I feel like quite the slacker that I only had my few treats when several industrious souls made many, many batches of yummy delights. Next time I will do a better job. Just know that one could get contact diabetes from all of the sugar on those tables. The kids were all so very proud, wheeling and dealing with several hard bargainers in the hallway. True, it was playing a bit of dirty pool to station our table right in the path of people entering the church building, but come on...it's for the children. Insert sad puppy dog faces here. In order to really seal the deal and get people to buy lots of confections, the children sang an absolutely lovely song in church complete with harmony and a djembe played by our multitalented associate pastor. In the end, the children easily cleared $500 at the very least. They will be able to further their program and make others happy with their music. I am so very proud of them.

I am currently in a laundry holding pattern, waiting for the dryer to finish so I can fold and hang before the washer is done. Homeland premieres tonight and, if my headache will let up, I plan to see what Carrie and Saul are up to this season. Oh what an exciting life I lead.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment