Saturday, September 3, 2011

What the what?

My dear husband asked me why on earth I chose this particular name for a blog.  I thought long and hard about what to call it.  Should I draw from my school background and put the word "Hokie" in it?  Should I draw from my likes...sewing creatures, Uncle John's Bathroom Readers and an intense love for James Garner in "Murphy's Romance"?  Should I draw from my dislikes...mimes, El Caminos and Kim Cattrall?  Eh, none of the above.  I draw from what I see every day.  My son discovering that gas is funny, calling it "bowel gas" is even funnier and calling it a "BG" is especially funny to Uncle Mike.  Oh, what the remaining brothers Gibb must thing of the blasphemous words that come from our humble abode.  My middle child, our second and completely different from the first daughter who is obsessed with monkeys, talking like Mr. T and dancing like one of the ladies from Young MC's "Bust a Move" video.  And our first daughter, who has strange ideas when matching clothes(orange shirt and red shorts), thinks the school's meatloaf is the best food she's ever eaten(not much of a testimony to my cooking prowess) and who loves her dog so much that she lays on the floor, nose to nose with our 13 year old Lab and kisses her on the lips....after she's been in the woods feasting on the delicacies that, well, one can only find in the woods.  That is true love.  When I made the statement or command, I should say, for the 17,000th time one day, it hit me.  Why not make that the title of a blog?  It seems to fit and match the long, weird , wacky and wonderful event that is my everyday life.  I hear blogs are passe' at this point, but I am not writing it for others.  If they read it and find enjoyment, great.  I write it so that I can read it back and know that I was not dreaming. The hilarity was real and mine to cherish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment