Monday, September 5, 2011

It's Rainin' Again...

Well, we finally got the rain that we so desperately need and what is everyone doing?  Crying foul.  Disrupted football games, Labor Day plans, stir crazy children.  Personally, I have never been a fan of rain, except for its practical purposes.  Karen Carpenter knew what she was talking about...rainy days and Mondays.  I have had more than my fill of children's programming today.  I have found that one must either embrace the Nickelodeon and Disney Channels or let them drive you slowly mad.  I have found a personal hero on my children's favorite show, iCarly.  Gibby is about the coolest kid ever, even though nobody thinks he is.  He could care less about what others think, dances with his shirt off and has a brother named Guppy.  Why am I writing about all of this?  Because I have not left the house today.  I caught myself up on laundry.  No major cooking could be done without traveling out into the monsoon.  All home improvement projects in progress were outside.  I could not escape to Panera in hopes of running into one of about 20 people I know every time I go.  So, sloth it was.  Two naps and too many hours of television later, here I am with nothing witty or relevant to write about.  The idiot box really does zap one's super powers.  Hopefully tomorrow will bring a bit more material. 

No comments:

Post a Comment