Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hodgepodge of a day

I have a bit of writer's block today. Not sure why. The day sure has been full of strange and random events to write about. But as I look back on my older posts, I fear that I may come off as too complainy(my new word creation for today) or self-absorbed. Not wanting that tag attached to my collar, I have tried to think of what to say. I got nothin. So, I go to my fallback: the kids.

Got a call from school today at 10:37. That is never good. Since most communication from them is in the form of an email, I rarely get calls except for the dreaded one...the sick call. Gracie wasn't feeling well. Funny tummy caused by, she thought, soccer practice the night before. Now, this was not out of the realm of possibility. She practices with Sarah's team on Tuesdays, so the coaches are a little more hardcore. She and Sarah and the other girls ran wind sprints. Lots of wind sprints. Now, even in my cross country and soccer days, I would feel like crap the day after punishing practices. I digress. I asked her to hold on until I got there for lunch. Upon arrival, I saw a face like this exiting the gym...


I show this picture because of the less than thrilled look....plus it is so darn cute. She looked so pitiful. Well, we went to eat lunch and I finally, with Mrs. Ripley's blessing and suggestion, I took her home. And a miracle happened. She was fine. So, as I suspected, the tummy ache was an emotional tummy ache relieved once exiting school. After some prodding by me and later by the Brain, she said she was having friend trouble on the playground. After a pre-bedtime snuggle and girl talk, she and I agreed to both try to make a new friend. I have a feeling she will have 5 before I can find one. How can she fail with her excellent Mr. T impression?

That is all I can think of tonight, unless you all want me to go into my son's bathroom humor. Nah. Too tired and one bit of wrong wording may get really embarrassing.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment