Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ummm, bad idea...

Probably will be a multiple posting day for me. I am here at church, way early, to pick up the boy. People often ask me why I arrive so early everywhere, especially preschool- my "day of freedom". Well, multiple reasons. For one, I grew up in a family where we were considered late if we were 10 minutes early. Some things from your childhood carry over, some do not. Ironing jeans? No. Arriving early? Yes. Some places you need to be early for the sake of your own sanity, preschool being one of them. Bunches of moms and dads fighting for limited parking so they can travel the shortest distance with their groggy child and 30 lbs of diaper bags and lunch boxes...yeah, I get here early. And, frankly, sometimes I arrive early for a mental health break or to escape housework. I love to people watch while listening to The Shadow on XM Radio Classics...makes me feel very "noir-ish"...whatever that means. Mostly, and my friends think I'm crazy, I just can't wait anymore to see that little guy's face. The fact that, even though he so easily leaves me in the morning, he is so excited to see me in the afternoon. Puffs up this mama's ego and makes me feel like I'm doing an okay job. That is until we remember he hasn't had a nap all day. But that is another chapter for another day...or maybe later on this evening.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment