Saturday, September 17, 2011

Mini rant

Today was yet another soccer Saturday. We were so excited to see my aunt and uncle at the boy's game. He came into his own a bit more and really did much better. The team was a bit more of a challenge than last week's opponent, but he did great...and was so excited to have someone other than his silly sisters and parents there. I know that staying at the ballpark all morning was not a possibility for them, and they plan to watch G play next week, so I was grateful for their presence during game one. Sarah had a bye, so we had a two game day today. Grace, I must say, had her best game ever. She came into her own, ran like a demon and scored multiple goals. Now, I am so grateful to the other parents on the team and their words of encouragement for her. They are so good to make her feel good about her accomplishments. But it made me sad that she didn't have any extra spectators that weren't her boring siblings and parents. Nobody there to specifically see her. Nobody got to see that look of pride on her face, that sense of "finally I'm the one who gets talked about." It was Gracie, not big sister who everybody says is sweet and smart. Or, little brother who everyone says is so funny and cute with his glasses. It was all Gracie, shining like the cool kid she is...and they missed it. And as a proud parent, my heart breaks for her....because she noticed.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment