Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sooo excited!!

Do you know these people?  If not, you really should get to know them...immediately.  My favorite comedy on television returns this evening and I cannot wait.  Wednesdays are usually a fairly stressful day in our house.  We have limited time to get homework done and have to spend the evening at church for dinner and activities.  My dear son, sweet boy that he is, chooses this day every week to show how funny he thinks he is to everybody he sees.  He launches himself off of stair  steps, tries to break one pastor's hand giving her five and another's by trying to body slam him...in an affectionate way, of course.  Now, to be honest, I am hard on my children and their behavior.  They really are good kids.  But, with so many elderly people tottering around the gum with their trays of food, I am just sure he is going to start a domino effect of broken hips when he hits one with his chair.  Then we will have to move.  So, you can imagine that by the time the kidlets are in bed, dreaming of the weekend when they are allowed to watch TV, I am parked on the sectional...ready.  I need the catharsis.  I need to laugh so hard I cry.  Every week, Modern Family delivers.  This week is no exception.  Another parent told me he saw me do an "arm grab" during dinner.  Guilty.  It was either that, or dump Trix yogurt and pizza pieces on our neighbor and local funeral director.  Yeah, that wouldn't have been good.  Although, it would have been a Modern Family moment in some way or another.    

No comments:

Post a Comment