Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Reflections on a Tuesday evening




Is it wrong that this is all I want to be dealing with this evening? There are some days that I need the evening to be as mindless as humanly possible. My life is no better or worse than anyone else's. I have no reason to complain. It has just been a Tuesday...a No Nap Tuesday. I do have a few musings and then on to the Flipping Out Reunion. Priorities, right?

I have found today that the Soccer Mom crowd is hard to break into these days. I have always been a bit of weirdo, no comments, and I always will. I do find it hurtful that because I am not a typical looking mom I get the side eye from some of these ladies.

I have found that there are hours of fun to be found for a 4 year old in the middle of a bunch of choir robes. Especially when your mom is looking for you and has become frantic in your absence. He had great fun until Mom ruined everything.

I have found that my ability to accurately grocery shop is greatly diminished when my children are at school. I have developed razor thin focus in the midst of chaos. When the kids aren't with me, I am lost. People say I will get over that, but I'm not so sure.

And finally, I have found that not only do I tend to dress like a teenage boy, I have the humor of one as well. I watched a movie today while putting laundry away and, well, I had to sit down and take a laughing breather. I needed it.

Jeff, Jenni, Zoila and the gang are dishing right now so...until tomorrow.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment