Sunday, September 4, 2011

I'm tellin' ya what...




This boy is about the funniest little person I know. I thought, when I found out I was having a little boy, that it would be a piece of cake. I'd been a preschool teacher for some time and a social worker before that. No problem. My other two children are girls...my second girl being dubbed "the Disney princess who could body slam you if necessary.". She is our athlete, pure muscle and competitive as the Pope is Catholic. She loves to scrap and wrestle and get down and dirty. This precious girl made me think a boy would be no problem. What's wrong with me? When the bundle of boy arrived, sunny side up, his entry into this world should have been a clue. Where the girls see a couch, he sees a stunt trampoline. Where I see a chair, he sees a launching pad into the great wide open. Rocks become cars rolling over the open road of the yard. A large dish towel serves as the bulletproof outfit for his latest superhero creation. Bodily functions are hysterical and saying the words to describe bodily functions are even better. As a lifelong tomboy, I have really enjoyed having this guy around. Love my girls, but I've never been a fancy type. My father expresses his feelings that he loves the boy so much he'd "abduct him". Funny. But for all the rough and tumble boy stuff, he is the best little guy I know. After recently receiving his first Bible at church, he has become quite the theologian. "People say the stories in this book are fake, but they are NOT!". He loves the story of Samson as much or more than any Richard Scarry book offered to him. While I am excited when he scores a goal or draws the perfect dinosaur, this makes me a proud mom. He can be the coolest guy around, but if he isn't right with the man upstairs thennnnn.....not good. I am so blessed to have Ironsuperbatspiderman with a big dose of Jesus in his heart.









- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment