Friday, September 23, 2011

Notes on a Friday


So, I have heard from one of my two readers that maybe my posts are becoming self-absorbed and whiney. Well. Okay. Sorry about that. I will try to be better.

Sarah scored her first goal tonight. Now, to be honest, they played a young team with not a whole lot of experience, but they had quite a goalie. She had two other attempts, but the third she powered in to the corner. Just lovely. Especially since 20 minutes before, she had the ball booted right into her chin. Her coach, who I really like, kept yelling, "Get up! You're okay!". So she did...but was running after the ball and crying. Brian was officiating the game, so he had to be neutral. She ran for a while, crying and getting more and more angry at the fact she couldn't stop crying. Finally,they called her out. What made me know she was with the right coach was this: she ran out, her coach got down, looked at her face, got right in there and talked to her. Then he stood up, hugged her and gave her a kiss on the head. He knew that her daddy was working the game and that she needed a Dad's approach not a coach at that point. I appreciate that more than he'll ever know.

The whole soccer experience, up to this point, has been absolutely wonderful. She has gained so much confidence. She has found a new group of girls who she is excited to see...and who seem excited to see her as well. I know we may not always get great coaches. But, if she can't have her dad as a coach, I am sure am glad she had the experience she did.

Next time I will they to find a subject that does not involve soccer or my children or myself. Since tomorrow we have 2 soccer games that are played by 2 of our children, let's hope that something funny and exciting happens.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment