Friday, June 3, 2016

Serpent adventure

I have been the laundry troll today, washing all the remaining clothes that might be used on one of the three kids' trips this next week. I was all set: the iPad was hooked up and the Bose speaker was on and Conan clips were playing. The hub had even sent a picture of our first baby cuke growing so sweetly in the garden. All was calm and happy and bright. I knocked on the little basement window to tell the hub to look at the cuke and see if it was a picking cucumber. If it was, I want to make sure to not let it get too big.

Me: Hey!! Look and see if it is a pickling cuke.
Hub: I don't know what it is.
Me: Just look at the little plastic marker in the ground.
Hub: I don't want to.
Me: What?
Hub: I don't want to...there's a snake in there.
Me: Really?(with a tone of disbelief)
Hub: A look that we can all picture in our heads I'm sure

I went out to see what the commotion was. He was not kidding.



Yep. There it was. Bravely, he got on his heavy duty work gloves and took it for a trip to the wooded area of the vacant lot. We believe it hitched a ride in the hay bale we brought home recently. He was not welcome in our yard, but the hub had mercy and took him to a snake resort. Hopefully he will not return...or I'll wet my pants.

Night all.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment