Thursday, June 2, 2016

Explaining technology

Today was a playground play date at church, which means that our playground was open for preschoolers and their families to come and fellowship, get to know other families with similarly aged children and wear themselves out before lunch. How could you go wrong? The boy and I got there about 20 minutes early to wipe off all the playground equipment since we had storms last night. No one wants to slide down into a puddle unless they have their swimsuit on, right? Well, long story short, no one showed up. The first one of the summer and I think there were lots of people on vacation this week, soooo there we sat. For whatever reason, he and I got into a discussion about Snoopy Sno-Cone machines and record players. I showed him the video of the sno-cone commercial and then explained "big records" vs "small records". We even discussed the little yellow piece of plastic that went in the center of a '45. It got deep, friends. That's my boy. I'm going to miss him next week while he's at camp. He's a good little companion, as are the girls...but they will all be having memorable experiences. I'm excited for them.

I mowed the lawn today and am feeling that catch up with me. Time for a bath and bed.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment