Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Knock, knock...could I borrow...

Day three, maybe, of weird tummy for me, so I chose to stay closer to home and get some things done. I got the youngers' room back in order and straightened their sheets to my liking. There's nothing better than getting into a freshly made bed with unwrinkled sheets. Then I finally decided to tackle the bathroom cabinet that has been in desperate need of attention for a long time. The hub built quite a structure there, because it holds a heck of a lot more than I thought it could. Thank goodness tomorrow is trash day. Discoveries during the clean out:

1. Apparently I must have an eye condition that prevents me from being able to see that we indeed have soap in the house. I purchased some last week and apparently the hub must have purchased some at some point. I think our soap stash should last us until at least next June. At least you know we'll be clean.

2. In our house, Santa and the parents leave maybe some gum and a candy cane in your stocking...maybe a pair of socks. The rest of the stocking is comprised of hygiene items. The Easter Bunny does that also along with a chocolate bunny and some jelly beans. Apparently a tally has not been kept about how many dental items we have. We have enough little dental floss picks for everyone to floss three times a day for a year and enough dental floss string(from dental visits and other things)to reach from here to Nashville I think. I have been using floss like it is going out of style, so I was surprised to find that much. Oh well. Dental health is important.

3. I found, I'm ashamed to say, a little bit that contained nothing but implements used when nursing babies. I am not ashamed that I nursed for it was a rewarding and special time for me and my babies. BUT, the last time I needed that stuff was, uh, well 8 years ago. So maybe this clean out was a little overdue.

After the clean out, I mowed the lawn. Well, all of the lawn but about 4 swipes. I ran out of gas and the gas jug thing was empty. I was a bit put out with that and almost took a cup up to the neighbors to see if I could borrow a cup of gas. I didn't. Wasn't sure how that would be received. No one will notice but me, but it will drive me crazy.

The hub and I are watching Copa America right now. USMNT is up by one, but we can't get cocky. Still have heard nothing from the children. Ignorance is bliss.

Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment