Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Well, I got the laundry done

I don't know about you, but there are a few things I just kind of hate to do. One? Wash windows and I mean really wash them like, um, Windex and paper towels and then shining them with wadded up newspaper like my mom and Granny did. Two? Brown ground beef. Why? I don't know. I just hate it...inevitably I get a skillet that is too small for the amount of beef I have and then I am too stubborn to dirty up a bigger skillet and then chunks of beef fall out of the pan and burn on the stovetop and smell and then you have to find a jar or old coke can or old can from something and dump the grease in that and I am not accurate with my pouring and then I have to scrub gelatinous grease out of the sink. It is just not my favorite, if you couldn't tell. Three? Do laundry. More specifically, the sorting pre and post. The art of removing one's pants and undergarments at the same time and not allowing them to separate is an art that has been perfected in this house. So one goes in the lights and one in the darks and the searching of pockets and the treating of stains the were forgotten by the stainer...do you vinegar soak a load of sour towels that someone left in a dark corner of their closet? The soak will throw the schedule of quick washes off and make the process last longer. Then you miss a half of a red crayon in someone's pocket and have to treat a whole load of your husband's work clothes and realize that you ran out of your little yellow bottle of Carbona: Crayon and Grease...so you go to the laundry section to pick up a bottle of that and one of the "Blood and Dairy" ones since that is just a combination you can't pass up. Today was a laundry day and I had a friend call with a parental conundrum and so we talked it out through the loads of laundry. I think I managed to complete the task without a single trip to the grocery store detergent aisle. Who's going to call when I do the mass browning of ground beef to put in the freezer for easy meals? Mama needs to stock up for the fall. :0)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment