Friday, August 15, 2014

The first cut is the deepest...

No cutting involved in this. No blood or goo. We all watched G and her friend E play their first game on their new team. I was rather hesitant to move over to the club venue, but we needed to wear G and the boy out this summer and these people had one of the best deals going. A summer deal that wears them out? Bonus. We did have to contend with a little of the scoffing attitude knowing we came from rec league. That's okay. G played the field the first half. It was a little awkward to watch. She and E often had to play the whole field on their old team(along with a couple others)to help the less experienced. G is relearning the game and how to properly strategize. The second half she was in the goal. I really felt like I was going to throw up at any time. I don't give that kid enough credit. Yes, two goals got in past her, but she was pretty busy the whole half. That fire came back in her eyes and I saw her excitement and adrenaline...and it was beautiful. I know she'll have plenty of games where she does horribly and gets her rear end chewed off. They were easy on her and gave her lots of praise. What a great way to start the weekend.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment