Saturday, August 23, 2014

Fried mama

We spent the whole day in Morristown today at a soccer tournament. I am so thankful that the hub and I had a moment to think and bought a easy up canopy tent to use at these things. I still look like a beet, but it would have been so much worse. G did a really great job in one and a half of their three games...until she took a knee to the head. We have a joke that it isn't a true soccer game unless a Cook kid gets a head injury. Of course we were worried that she had a concussion, but after being checked by an athletic trainer and two EMT's, we determined she did not have a concussion. She did have a nice headache and was angry that she couldn't play in her next game. Soccer governing bodies say she had to discontinue play. But before they even said anything, the mom and dad governing body said, "She's done." I think the hurt head, dehydration and the 90+ temps all made things worse. She has since rallied once a Pal's burger and a large beverage were presented. Her temple hurts to the touch. My nerves and heart are frazzled.

She has now bathed, hydrated and cooled off that roasted body. She even helped me tag clothes for consignment:



I am about ready to drop, but we have to wait for S to come back from her rafting trip with the youth group. Yes, that was another thing to wreck mommy's nerves. I just want them all home and safe. Then I can rest...
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment