Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloweenies all of us

I have failed lots of ways during this ghost and ghoulie season. No carved pumpkin. No pumpkin toast or pancakes for breakfast...although I did have a box of Frankenberry that they did not eat. I did not have little buckets full of Halloween goody favorites for the teachers. Bleh. I did, however, do a few things. I sent 3 bags of little powdered and chocolate doughnuts to the boy's class(per teacher's request). I helped with Art Masters with his class and helped get special snack set out for the hungry little costumed kidlets. It was dress up like your favorite book character day today so, like I said last night, I worked all day mostly on the boy's hat. G had her idea picked out and wanted to do it all by herself. Fine with me. She is very creative and who am I to stand in the way of all that? We also figured that they would wear whatever costume they wore during the day to Trick orr Treat that night. G decided to be Junie B. Jones and the boy was the Substitute Creacher. S dressed up as a witch and G did her makeup. So, this is who the boy was wanting to look like:



This is who G wanted to resemble:



This is what we got when I did a roll call for the Halloween picture:



I'll show you a picture of the boy's hat, because I thought it was pretty funny:



The kids had a good time and got some loot. Sometime in between getting them dressed and locking up the house, the kids had been warned not to eat any of the candy until we checked it for razor blades. This started an evening long conversation about razor blades and why they end up in Snickers. I never came up with a good answer, but it could have easily transitioned into cyanide in Tylenol capsules. Luckily, everyone who gave us candy was a family friend, so there was no real threat of sketchy confections.

Have a good rest of the evening...I am tired and in a very minor sugar coma. Time for bed.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment