Sunday, October 13, 2013

Cough drops and mental flops

Sunday is almost over and the kids are tucked safely in bed...early. Sleepovers and marathon soccer days left them exhausted and super grumpy today, so much so that I was tempted to be the "send them to bed without any supper at 6pm" kind of mom. But before bedtime arrived, we had to make it through the day. They sat relatively still during church service this morning, only squirming when our poor pastor got a tickle in her throat and needed a cough drop. The kids were determined that they would find one lying around in the pew and help her out. Afterwards we went to my office and got her a whole ziploc bag's worth to help her make it through the rest of the day. Seeing as how I have sounded like a chain smoker for the better part of a month with all this sinus/allergy crud, I come prepared. Sadly, that is the only way I was prepared this morning. I forgot to put the money jar for offering out and totally missed putting the pagers out for the parents. I think my boss was concerned I was having some sort of mental lapse. She wasn't too far off the mark. Dinner on Saturday night did not agree with either the hub or myself, so we were up chewing Tums like candy. Sleep was rare, but heartburn was plentiful. Yuck. Hopefully I can redeem myself on Tuesday when we have staff meeting.

On a completely different note, my favorite Twitter account, Cute Emergency, had the best picture today. This dog looks like a deboned chicken. So funny. Enjoy!






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment