Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Thumb tacks and mental cracks

If I could slur in my typing, I would. I am tired and feeling sloppy in my keyboarding skills right now. The hub is currently working with a teary S on proportions. She is exhausted and angry with math right now. It is has always been her favorite subject, but at 10:12 at night, she is over it. She really needs to get to to bed, but the hub will not let her go up until he's sure she understands. I am so glad we have someone in this house who can explain this baloney to her. I know it is important for something, but I have never had to use that stuff in my adult life. Although one could argue that I would be using it right now with the children. I get it...don't get technical on me. I think she almost had a mental crack a couple of problems ago when it was determined that she had not been distinguishing enough of a difference between her "4's" and her "9's". This caused her mathematical errors which then caused a minor mental break. Meanwhile, on the second floor of the house, a mental break of a different type was happening as I heard about one of the mean girls of G's grade who has been repeatedly kicking her under their desks, stealing her school supplies and repeatedly attempting to poke through her arm with a thumb tack before then going out on the playground and picking fights with various kids from other rooms. It has been an insightful evening to say the least. I am hacking like a carton a day smoker, the hub is groaning from his poor back and the boy is itching from the little hair pieces on his back that he didn't thoroughly wash off after his visit to Jerry the Barber this afternoon. So between coughing, groaning, tears and the constant "I'm so ITCHY", silence is but a distant dream. I plan to chug a lug some grape Delsym(they shouldn't make that stuff so tasty) and at least eliminate one of the issues. S has turned on the boy's music that puts him in a sleep trance and G finally passed out from the exhaustion that comes only from avoiding flesh wounds in the fourth grade. Once again, living the dream, friends.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment