Friday, October 4, 2013

Light at the end of the glue gun...

After cleaning and straightening and cleaning again, I went to work on doing the grown up stuff for the dioramas. Lots of hot glue-ing and Exacto knifing and baking of the Shrinky Dinks. My fingers are now the color of a horribly sunburned redhead at the beach in July. Luckily they aren't red with blood from cutting myself with the knife. These darned dioramas make me get so flipping detail oriented that it goes from elementary school level material to beginning art class in high school. The boy wrote out his facts about sharks for his diorama. We have still not decided how to display those facts in a way that is fitting for his tastes and age. His request for a Great White with bloody remains in its mouth will probably be nixed as it may be deemed too Speilbergian for the First Grade. They need a bigger boat. But here it is as best as I could take. A bit spartan, but I think the shark ate most of the living things:



If you will notice, the mustachioed fisherman is riding in his boat and has caught a Clownfish. No, things are not to scale, but I cannot control the rate and amount at which Shrinky Dinks shrink. I drew the animals, but the boy outlined them and colored them in. I hope he gets an "E". I think he did a good job...with mom's help on the dangerous and possibly scarring parts.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment