Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Cookoff'ed out

I am currently sitting with my dogs up and viewing Modern Family. I need to clean up the kitchen from baking dessert entries and cooking chili. But one can get worn out from the enthusiasm of 3-5 graders who are determined to win first place. I may be paranoid, but I think I may have to check my tires and brake lines for a while. My G can talk some major smack...and lots of these people know where we live and where I work. Actually, I didn't realize she could talk smack that comfortably. Just a little bit concerning. I'll just have to remember to always be on her team. It was exciting to have a great turnout and to more than double what we made last year. Hopefully that money will send several kids to camp this summer. And I will say one thing, my lemon pound cake got first place People's Choice award. It's my mom's recipe, but I'll claim the award for her.

In other news, S got elected secretary for the Beta Club. She was very shocked and flattered. It was funny to hear her talk about it.

Enjoy the night, friends. I'm going to bed.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. You know G learned from the best!
    Congrats on the cake, but how did the kids do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids got firat place Judges' Choice in chili and third place People's Choice. They wanted to win it all, but were very excited about what they got!

      Delete