Thursday, October 10, 2013

People don't think sometimes

As the three of you who read my blog know, I do not sleep well. I haven't for many years now. I am blessed in many ways, but being able to shut all the baloney rattling around in my brain for the night is not one of them. So on certain occasions, I may be known to do one of two things. One, I put in a load of laundry(trying to be useful and productive)and then sit in the comfy chair in our basement with the lights off, listen to the hum of the washer, curl up under a blanket and nod off for a while. My own personal dark cave with a wonderful sound lulling me into sleep that so rarely comes. OR, I go to the pickup line at school early, find a show to play on the iPad, get myself settled comfortably in a sunbeam after setting the alarm clock app on my phone and conk out to the sound of The IT Crowd until the sound of my alarm or children loading into their busses womp me out of my slumber. Today was no exception. It was a sleep in the school line day, but more of the sleep where you are resting in some altered level of slumber but still can hear life going on around you. I had my new pair of cheap Target sunglasses on and was very relaxed. I think I was actually pretty asleep because I did not realize the show I had on was over. All of a sudden I heard, "I'm going to need to see your license and registration, ma'am." I turned my head and opened my eyes to find the father of one of the girls' friends had his head in my window and was almost nose to nose with me. Needless to say, I jumped high enough that I bumped my head on the roof of the car. Yeah, I did. People? Listen to me, people. Think about people near the front of the pickup line. For whatever reason, no matter how idiotic it might sound, the people who are at the front of the line have been there a while. These people may be asleep or engrossed in a great book or frantically answering emails or clipping coupons. Approach carefully or you may just cause a mom or dad or grandparent to have a heart attack and that will cause a back up in the line and your child will be waiting for you to pick them up and will get worried and may cry and then everything will be awful. Do you really want to scare someone in the pickup line? Think about it. I'll take a little nap while you do.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment