Monday, October 21, 2013

Disappointment and muffins...what a combo

Wellll, the morning started off as one would expect for the Monday after Fall Break...lots of moaning and groaning. And that was just from me. Our house also felt like a meat locker. Well, more like a deep freeze. With cold mornings and Spring like afternoons, we cannot justify turning on the heat. The thought of leaving the warm cocoon of the bed is a less than savory one, but one that has to be done. My Wisconsin relatives are surely laughing at my complaints of a 42 degree morning, but the lack of heat and not having switched over to the Winter bedding yet make for quite the challenge in waking young people up. The 70-74 degree afternoons are nice, but these blasted temp differences and the lovely East Tennessee pollen/crushed up leaf dust count will be the death of our family's respiratory system as a whole. Due to the huge meth problem in our state, I feel we are already on a watch list of some sort for all of the sudafed-esque/mucinexy stuff we have purchased in order to breathe without sounding like some sort of obscene phone caller. Anyhoo, got the kids up, dressed, fed and dropped at school. I went to church and got my Tuesday work done on Monday since the hub was going to get an injection in his back tomorrow. Notice I said "was". The poor guy has a sinus infection and is on antibiotics. No injection when on meds apparently. So this possible relief to his back pain will be postponed another two weeks. He is so disappointed and so am I, but life goes on and so will we. Because of the change in plan, I will be going to work tomorrow. This also means, because I work at a church, that I will again be on the list to bring a baked good offering for Pastor Appreciation Day. I was supposed to bring sausage balls, but I accidently made those two weeks early. So pumpkin muffins were the next easiest breakfasty thing. Done...and the house smells lovely.

We'll get through all this mess. I just want my husband to finally feel good and enjoy a life without constant pain. He carries quite a heavy load. But he's a trooper and my hero.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment