Friday, November 1, 2013

Corn is not my friend

Not a whole lot to report today. We all woke up with a candy/Halloween hangover. Wrangling children and dodging cars while trying not to get them to eat fun sized Snickers until they puke is exhausting. The coffee was a big help this morning...as was the tiny little snooze I took between jobs. A friend and I took a trip this morning to TInsel and Treasure, the Junior League's Christmas craft and gift show. We saw some neat things and I picked up a few presents. Anything I can do to knock a few gifts off the list is great. There were some strange things. Lots of weird chair cushions and bathtub fixers. There was a woman advertising a book about the Christmas tree angel. Appropriately, she was dressed as the actual angel in the book. She sat still and stoically, staring ahead and creeping me out. I wanted to get a picture of her, but I just couldn't do it. There was another person, a gentleman, advertising his book. Interesting title:



I did not purhase the book or talk to its author, but I thought about it. It was a thing.

With everyone else engaged on some sort of activity this evening, the boy and I decided to go to dinner with my brother and sister in law to Senor Taco. While I enjoy aspects of the Mexican food, the heavy corn aspects do me no good. The boy and I are both feeling the hurt right now. I have taken a Tagamet or something like that along with milk and Tums and whatever else I can find. Tonight is not going to be a fun one. I guess the fact that I am watching "Witness" and will be freaked out about bad guys with sawed off shotguns in silos, well, I'll be up for a while. And the fact that I just had the revelation that the mustachioed corrupt police officer in this movie was also the hockey player, Rosie LaRose, in Strange Brew....mind blown.  It is also the movie wheere I learned what asphyxiation was.  Never to early to learn about that, but that is a story for another day.

I need to go to bed. My brain is going all kinds of crazy. Blame the corn.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking about you thinking about Thoughts are Things. Is that one thing or 2 or more?

    ReplyDelete