Thursday, October 17, 2013

Cloudy with a chance of flu shots

The first day of Fall Break got off to a pouring and groggy start. The boy got up, raring to go, exactly 15 minutes to 6...15 minutes earlier than he gets up during the work week. Really? My dream of getting to sleep past six would have to wait for yet another day. He took the hub's place in bed and proceeded to flip and flop until I finally gave in and started a movie for him. His sister, G, wasn't too far behind him to crawl into bed as well. S didn't get up until I gave a 10 minute warning to pancakes and that was at 9:00. Middle schoolers. I have misplaced my special bottle for making fancy faced pancakes, so they just got round ones today. Since there was a good and steady rain coming down outside, plans to go to the pumpkin patch were nixed quickly. Blame it on me. I had no desire to look for pumpkins in a mud hole today. Instead I made the decision that we would go to the movies, probably along with 7,000 of our best friends who also don't want to be in a mud hole. Unfortunately, I didn't feel I could take them to see what I want to see, Prisoners, so we saw Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2 instead. I cannot deny, I conked out for about 10 minutes in the middle of the film. Since the temperature was the equivalent of the walk in beer cooler at our old grocery store, S and I cuddled up under a sweatshirt and then zzzzzz. The movie was pretty good. It was no Despicable Me 2, but you know. Afterwards, to complete the super fun afternoon, we went to my uncle's CVS where he gave me a flu shot. The kids enjoyed that even more than the movie, I think. Relative on relative violence is good entertainment, I guess.

Currently, S is hand weaving rubber band bracelets. The boy is alternating between eating fruit as a snack and rubbing his dad's feet. G is waiting for her foot rub and watching Holmes on Homes. Ah, the exciting lives of the Tennesseans on Fall Break. I may just go to bed. The excitement is just too much to take. Night all.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment