Thursday, October 3, 2013

School project torture

As all three of you know, I have been battling this blasted sinus/allergy/snot assault for the past three weeks and I am really done. It makes things awkward when you get a good coughing fit going in the middle of Hobby Lobby, have an armload of diorama supplies and have to run to the bathroom so your bladder, somewhat compromised after three pregnancies, does not decide to unload in the wood cutout aisle. Luckily there was not a major run on flat wood cutouts of people, so the bathroom didn't mess things up. I left them to work on their projects while I was mowing the lawn and getting the stink eye from a neighbor...another story for another time. Upon lawn completion, I came in to find a straw roof on the Cherokee roundhouse and lots of drawings of sharks. The boy and I worked on his facts about Great White sharks. Let me say I am so proud of how he wants to write everything out himself and do the spelling himself, but for the love of everything holy, there is not a silent "e" in every word. He asked me that for everything. "Mom? I'll bet that 'shark' has to have a silent 'e' in it." " No. No it doesn't. Nor does 'hear' or 'teeth' or 'meat'. Those e's are pretty loud." G, on the other hand, was writing her report about how the roundhouses were constructed. She went in to great detail about how they sometimes lit fires inside the roundhouse and, if improperly ventilated, could kill everyone inside rather quickly. We felt this was not necessarily what her teacher really wanted to know, but she's insisting on keeping it in there. We might get some questions during the parent teacher conference if there is one. Or they might go straight to the family psych eval. Either way, at least they are all in bed now and I have a little break before we have to hit it again tomorrow. Thank goodness.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment