Monday, October 28, 2013

I was done in an hour...

So, the boy's glasses broke Saturday afternoon. He was not being reckless, although he had been at a birthday party in a bounce house for two hours. There is a possibility that the very expensive Spiderman glasses fell off in mid jump. That was not anything he admitted to, but I'm a mom. I know how the kid works. Anyhoo, the glasses were broken in a spot that was going to be hard to remedy with some extra sticky tape or some gum. After a call to his eye doctor, or the eyeglass place attached to his office, we found that his glasses were out of warranty. The next available appointment for him to see the doc was scheduled...a very close Dec.17. Wow. His teacher told us today that he was already complaining that his head and eyes hurt. Soooo, this afternoon we got to go to one of my least favorite places on the planet: LensCrafters. I giant rip off, but pretty much the only game in town if you need to get glasses quickly. And we needed them quickly. With a prescription like the boy's, he needs to have them on as much as possible. We found some new frames. They were no Spiderman frames, but the saleswoman/optician made sure to show the boy how you can twist the frames around without breaking them. Why, lady? Why did you think it was a good idea to show him that his glasses can do that? Some people don't think. Maybe she's inhaled too many lens cleaner fumes. The frames were chosen, the measurements taken and the return time given. It was actually an hour and ten minutes. By the time we walked around the deadest mall on earth, only to see this exciting shop that we did not enter:



I was ready to be home. We got back at our appointed arrival time. Um, yeah. Twenty minutes later, still waiting. Done in about an hour? I was done long before then. I turned around to find this:



These frames were a big no, especially since the frames had already been picked out. Meanwhile, the girls picked these out for me:



I am not an old lady in an Old Navy commercial or a intellectual looking chipmunk who has two brothers:






Thanks children that I labored and "birthed". Got the glasses and, ting tang walla walla bing bang, finally broke out of there. Let's hope these hold until December...especially if he tries the twist trick demonstration with them. Eek.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Saw those glasses and 60's mod fashion was the 1st thing which popped up in my mind. The next was Austin Powers.

    ReplyDelete