Friday, October 11, 2013

Jam packed, er, pumpkin packed day

Presently, I am sitting with my girls watching "Oz The Great and Powerful". I am really not paying too much attention to it at this point...just glad to be clean and comfortable. This morning I went to the Fruit and Berry Patch and accompanied a bunch of little preschool friends and their grown ups on a hayride-sheep feeding-pumpkin picking-corn mazing adventure of fun. It started with directions and stories from the owner, Dennis Fox, about the dangers of eating odd and random berries that can kill you:



He is a treasure in our community with his kindness and his incredible horticulture education and knowledge. In the Spring, he has a wonderfulway of talking to the children about strawberry picking and which strawberries not to pick. "If their tummies are still green and you pick them, you'll have to sleep with them on your pillow because they aren't ready to leave their mamas yet." A fruity cautionary tale. Store that little fact away for later. Today's visitors got a pumpkin, a coloring book and a little plastic pumpkin sipper full of fresh apple cider. So good. A glorious day made for a wonderful time. I love it every year!

The hub and the boy are at a Father-Son campout for the night, so the girls and I are enjoying time together. The moms and daughters got to go to a Cupake Camp at church where they had some dinner and learned how to decorate cupcakes in fancy ways. Mother of the year here sent one child there in the care of friends while I sat at S's make up soccer game that was, quite honestly, one of the weirder experiences I have had during my "soccer mom" career. If I could adequately describe it, I would. But I can't and the light got so dim that I could not get a good video of the antics. We played a team, good hearted though they were, who just were not used to playing games with teams that had been together for a while. Their coach was a bit overzealous in his expectations and our girls played a glorified game of detailed and instructional keep away for the next hour. For the parents, it was more a psychological observation of a coach under pressure vs a coach who could order a player to break out and score a goal at any time. Very Karate Kid-esque..."FINISH HIM!!!", but replace the evil Martin Kove sensei with a 6'5" barefooted friendly coach who just likes to play soccer. But even he has a patience limit. Luckily the game ended shortly after a rough play that left one player on the ground for a minute while her coach asked ours if our player deserved a yellow card. "Uh, no. Accidents happen and people fall down." Patience ran out and so did the clock. Now all parties from my family are home and conked out in their warm beds. I will be as well as soon as I hit the publish button. Night all....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment