Monday, October 7, 2013

Lessons on being pushy

Forgive me if I write very little tonight. Just baked a batch of sausage balls, cleaned up the kitchen, did a homework check and took a shower all after going to S's middle school soccer game. There is a stomach virus going around and we have friends who fell prey to it...well 4 out of 5 of them, and we were in close proximity. I have also been trying to mentally prepare for the "I threw up!!!" 1am wake up call that I pray will never come. So here I sit, writing and preparing to go to bed early. Okay, earlier than yesterday. "Sleepy Hollow" is on, so I hope that I can go to sleep without being too creeped out.

Like I mentioned earlier, S had a middle school soccer game against the Catholic school girls they beat a week or so ago, but on their turf this time. We handled them even better this time than last. I'm not sure if it was because we knew what to expect or if it was because we were playing on what felt like a miniature field. Either way, the girls did a pretty darn good job. 4-1 if I am correct. My girl had one player, number 14, up in her business the whole entire game. I wasn't even playing and it was making me crazy. She was also a tripper, elbower and pusher, so it got really annoying quickly. At one point, she got knocked pretty hard and the look on my baby's face was one of complete rage and psychosis. We all saw it and laughed a bit, because she is not really a rage-y kind of kid. It made her mad enough to get teary, which made her even angrier. So after dinner and homework, the hub gave her lessons on being pushy towards pushy people without getting a penalty. Pushy lessons. Kind of funny.

Going to bed now. Ichabod Crane has helped save the day again. Night.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment