Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Wow

It has been a busy and overwhelming day. I went to my last BooHoo/Yahoo breakfast at school today. I didn't cry, but I felt like it. The boy woke up with absolutely no desire to be a Kindergarten student. This was fairly stressful for a mom who was just barely hanging on to a shred of sanity at 6:11 in the morning. Thankfully his dad and sister were able to pull him back from the abyss and back into the land of happy. G even got him to walk into school without me. She's such a good big sister. After taking several deep breaths and telling myself that this was how life naturally progressed, I left th parking lot with a knot in my stomach and the taste of one salty tear in the corner of my mouth. Next I went to my very first staff meeting armed with my new responsibilities and no clue as to what I was doing. Our church administrator, who is a saint among men, helped me through the jungle of confusion that was my computer. I am married to a computer genius, so I have allowed myself to be very lazy when it comes to learning computer anything. I'll figure it out...eventually. After doing the payroll, I flew home to find the dog had graciously pooped in the house. Cleaned it up, picked up G and the boy. They both had enjoyed their days and he talked a mile a minute until we picked up S at middle school. After choir practice at four, we ran home for dinner while B went to middle school open house. The kids and I are reading a mystery, so we finished a couple chapters and then they went to bed. The hub and I are now trying to decide whether to rent or buy an instrument when S is assigned hers. I am hoping for the trumpet. Fingers crossed! Just living the dream, friends. Living the dream.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. My computer dude was the power behind the administrator today. He was the "ghost" making things happen on the computer. Don't cha just love technology. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assigned an instrument? They don't get to pick what they play anymore? My sisters & I got to choose,though my folks did nix my 1st choice of drums.

    ReplyDelete