Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My kids are crazy

My children had to sit in a childcare room today while I worked. One can play so many dominoes and draw so many pictures before they crack. Once we left, they were so done with each other, antsy, hungry, hot and tired that I questioned what kind of afternoon we would be having. G is still fighting a sinus infection and is not up to snuff. S hurt her hip at practice yesterday, so she's a bit gimpy and the boy is just following the mood. After so much taking it easy, we realized that they needed to be outside for as long as was tolerable. The front yard was requested and the dog became collateral damage in their quest for entertainment. Putting her on the leash, they strolled her around the front yard. They did make sure to keep her safe and cool:



The umbrella was not as effective as they thought it would be. After going in to get the phone, I came out to find this scene:



What must the neighbors think of us? Well...I have some ideas, but at least we don't have the infamous display in our front yard of:



Sorry for the picture quality. It was from the early years of learning how to use this thing. But a picture is worth a thousand words and that one is at least worth two or three times that.

We have yet another trip to the land of Dolly tomorrow to meet cousins from the other side of the family. I'm sure, if I have any energy left, I will have lots to report. Until then just be warned that if you pass our house, there is no telling what you might see. But look across the street to see the messed up stuff....
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment