Saturday, August 4, 2012

I have a new friend...a water buffalo

We went safari-ing with the VA cousins, and local cousins, at our favorite place, Briarwood Ranch Safari Park. It was our family's third time going, but the first time for all the others. Our trusty guide and driver, Jungle Fred Two Feathers, got us right into the thick of things. We were the first wagon in the animals were hu-u-ungry! The kids were thrilled and amazed to see animals they had only seen on television. My personal favorite this time was the water buffalo. The bison were hanging out with the big church group behind us and didn't visit as much. The water buffalo were still fun and messy and very sweet. Here was my new friend:



He and I had an understanding. I dropped lots of feed on his sandpaper tongue and he let me pat his head. It's the little things, you know?

After a wild day at the safari, the kids were pretty worn out and so we watched an Olympic heartbreaker soccer game for the host country. Spaghetti for dinner led to a riddle session with the kids. I know, hello 1940's. All we need is to park ourselves I front of the radio for "The Great Gildersleeve" and "The Shadow" and our evening will be complete. Actually that sounds like Heaven. Night folks...
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment